Saturday, September 13, 2014

Chapter 5 - Children


It is said that a watched pot never boils.  I'm not so sure that's the correct metaphor, but, just for the distraction, I shall repair the stereo.



And voila, of course.  Ye watchers and ye holy ones, why was I so eager for this?!?



And at long last, Yves Desjardins is born!



He is, of course, a darling baby.  Tristan is an exemplary father, just as I knew he would be.



Insta-Lean potion is a miraculous thing; I wonder if anyone will pay me for before and after pictures.



Yves grows like a weed.  



We had a fishing holiday in Oasis Springs; I did myself proud.



Tristan, not so much.



Yves has been agitating us for telly; I told him only when he raises his grades.



He much prefers playing the class clown to studying.  



I think my standing firm about the telly was tougher for me than for him!



Voila, another baby is on the way! 



Deja vu all over again!  It is said that the second time is much easier.  That may be; with one on the ground already, there's no time to dwell on it.



Liliane Desjardins is born!



Yves is fond of his little sister.



Nearly as fond of her as he is of his bear.



Privacy is scarce with two children in the house! How do people get more? This is us, stealing a kiss in our "wedding chapel".



After,of course, managing to park Yves.



And Liliane.



When Yves left the monkey bars to search for us, a kind lady asked him if he were lost.  He calmly replied that his mother was lost, not him! I wonder where he gets his self-assurance.



Liliane has grown into such an odd child.  Her teacher reported that she'd burst into tears during a reading lesson about Dick Whittington.  I asked her when she came home and she explained to me, "Dick Whittington had to give away his cat."  "But Cherie, he went on to become Lord Mayor of London".  "BUT HE HAD TO GIVE HIS CAT AWAY!"



Those moments where she is happy are most gratifying!







No comments:

Post a Comment