Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Chapter 6 - Teens


There's never a dull moment here.  I have found the most wonderful new spot for fishing and foraging!


It's unbelievable what things two children will attempt to flush.  I have upgraded their toilet with a superior flush; now occasionally a day goes by without a repair job.


While I was on a roll, I added a bidet to the adults' toilet.  Life is becoming civilised.


It's difficult to write this next bit.  Tristan's birthday is arrived. He has refused another youth potion; this time he is both resolute and adamant.


So I baked him a cake.


I do my best to keep him comfortable and happy.


He's writing like a man possessed.  He has written a book of poems for me and children's books for each of the children.  None of these books are to be published; they belong to our family.


I must make an agonising decision.  My birthday will arrive soon and I must decide about the youth potion.  I don't want to live for years without Tristan; not even a day.  However, this is not only about me.  The children are still so small.


I shall have the potion.


Yves has reached his teens.  Don't let the solemn face fool you; he wisecracks from dawn to dusk.  


We gave him a microphone for his birthday; he inaugurated it with a spot-on roast of his father.


He's still the class clown and has many friends.


Also he has a special little friend:  the ubiquitous Caitlyn.


I shouldn't be so harsh but today she made a snide comment about the broken refrigerator.  She is a snob and I fear that she will make him most unhappy.


Liliane has reached her teens as well. 


We gave her a guitar for her birthday and will all be relieved when she learns to play it well.


Also, she is learning to cook quite well; I'm very proud of her.


All too soon, the Grim Reaper is come for Tristan.


I pleaded with him, but alas, it was futile.


Rest in peace, my darling Tristan Cherry.  You will be missed.



No comments:

Post a Comment