Saturday, October 4, 2014

Chapter 9 - More Teens


Josette has left us.  She took a nap after Lucien's birthday celebration and awakened face to face with the Grim Reaper.  On his way out, Grim Reaper complimented my piano playing.  That may be the first compliment I've heard for anything I've done since Jean-Paul was born.



Not to speak ill of the dead but if I never hear the words "Comme il faut" again, it will be too soon.  For instance, I don't know how the garden became my job.  I get that it's "comme il faut" that the garden continue after Josette is gone.  Yes, I appreciate perfect vegetables on the table.  Yes, I appreciate the income that perfect flowers bring us.  Yes, I understand that Yves is too busy with his comedian's career and Liliane with her chef's.  I even understand that somehow the garden was already my job before Kendall was ever in the picture.  I'll keep doing it; I've become quite proficient.  I just wish I'd been consulted. 



I love Yves to pieces but he doesn't get that I need more excitement in my life.  We used to go to the clubs every now and then but that went by the wayside when Lucien was born.  I get that with his work, the last place he wants to see is the inside of yet another night club.  Still, I need to get out of the house occasionally.  I'd settle for the library. For that matter, I'd settle for a bit more attention from him when he's at home; most nights he stays up all night working on his comedy routines. 



I'm no longer young; all I want to do is have a little fun before I die.  



I do a good job of supervising the boys' homework.  I know I'm supposed to supervise Lucien's computer usage as well. As though it would do any good; Sims Forever is my limit.  I don't know the difference between a tweet and a poke and care even less.  So, we bought Lucien the best computer available and I suppose we'll just have to trust him with it.




The poor boy is having the most awful luck with girls.  I don't even remember his first crush's name; she moved away the day after she came to dinner.  This one moved away as well; what was her name? Reagan? Raven? Whatever, it was something like that.  Georgia lasted a little longer but she was downright mean.  She eventually moved away too but that was no great loss; Lucien had already asked her to leave the house.


Jean-Paul has reached his teens but has no interest whatsoever in the computer.  In fact, he seems to have no ambition whatsoever.  He says he wants a large family but is remarkably incurious about just how he might support one.  Joseph is a nasty piece of work who is very  fortunate to reach his teens.  He should count his lucky stars that Josette never managed to grow a cowplant.




Between children and plants there are days when there's no time left for a workout and I'm putting on weight.  Yves and Liliane have both given up on working out and resorted to Insta-Lean potions; there's no way I'm going to be like that.

Speaking of potions, when Josette died, Yves and Liliane made her room into a museum of all her collectibles.  I find it a tad creepy, but they're also hoarding potions of youth in there.  Yes, I swiped one.

No comments:

Post a Comment