Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Chapter 10 - Generation 3 - Young Adults

Yves has grown old on me.  It makes me so mad, there's an entire shelf full of potions and he's still opted to age.  He says his sons are nearly grown, he's accomplished what he set out to do in the comedy world and he wants to go out at the top of his game.  I refrained from asking about the wife who loves him and wants to keep him around; my sharp tongue will not make our remaining time any pleasanter.  


We had a little talk about getting out more.  He still has zero interest in spending his leisure time in night clubs, but he's agreed to throw more parties.  These are epic events; with his jokes, Liliane's cooking and a well-stocked bar, what could go amiss?


Well, there is  a certain party crasher. He came for Kendall's sister, Kristi.  



He came again for Everett Gillis; I think Yves was more broken up about that than I; Everett was so childish as to be getting a bit tiresome.  Anyway, this grim crasher is a buzz-kill; I'll speak to Yves about a adding a security detail to the next party roster.



Lucien has grown up and gone to work as a code monkey. His luck with girls is changing; there's a new girls' group home in the neighbourhood that probably won't move away any time soon.  I worry a bit about what sort of baggage a girl from a group home might be carrying, but Lia is lovely and seems to be perfect for him.  



I wish I could say the same about Jean-Paul's new flame, Eve, from the same group home.  In my humble opinion, she's a few bulbs short of a marquee. 


He's a young adult, now, though.  He appears to be as devoid of ambition as ever; no thought of a goal beyond having a large family. 


Since Everett died, I've been amusing myself with Quentin.  Sometimes I'm not sure why I bother; I have yet to meet the man who can hold a candle to Yves.



Liliane is now a celebrity chef.  She and Kendall are moving to Hidden Springs to open a restaurant.  Joseph threw a fit about leaving his friends, not that I knew he had any. So he's staying on with us.  He'd best mind his manners or he is so out of here.  


Lucien's courtship of Lia is progressing smoothly.  I wonder if he knows how much history is repeating itself here.


Joseph wants to follow in his mother's culinary footsteps.  He has grown up without incident.



Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Jean-Paul.  He did, however,  immediately step up to the plate.  She turned him down flat.


Between the rejection and having been caught in the first place, he very nearly died of mortification.  The entire family rallied around to bolster him up.


Soon Eve was back with some big news.  Once again Jean-Paul stepped up to the plate.  We put together a wedding in record time and  the newlyweds have moved to Oasis Springs.  I really hadn't expected to be a grandmother so soon.













No comments:

Post a Comment