Saturday, November 8, 2014

Chapter 14 - Responsible Adult in Charge

Lucien left us before Edouard and Alain were born, but, Reaper or not, he was determined to meet his new grandchildren.

The family threw me an epic birthday party.  Once again, the Reaper put in an appearance; this time for Uncle Jean-Paul.

Yvette is still stirring the pot.  Yes, that was me that she dared to streak.  And yes, that was me that she convinced to take a joyride in Lucien's rocket.  I realise that everyone needs a hobby, but couldn't she stick to gardening?

Her mother and I have tried again and again to warn her about hacking and spam propagation.  "So, how's that working for you, Roman?" Well, I'm becoming adept at computer repairs.

Even with few, if any, of his grandmother's paramours still alive, Luc still fights for any reason or none at all.

He found time between rumbles to elope with Bella.

She's putting the gym to good use and helping out in the garden.  For all that, I still suspect she's a few fries short of a Happy Meal.  Nonetheless, there's at least one more little Desjardins on the way.

And, in due time, Michel is here.  It's good to have another baby in the house, since Edouard and Alain are no longer tiny.

All of the boys continue to delight and amaze me.  Etienne and Edouard keep the house full with all of their friends, while Alain prefers to draw.

The Reaper arrived for Lia.  (I think he has ninja aspirations).  She'll be sorely missed, and not only because someone else (very short list of candidates here) will need to step up and learn to cook.

Yvette's birthday came and I'd never baked a cake before.  This seemed as though it could not possibly end well, but somehow it did.

I wonder if I'm really cut out for the challenge of being the only functional adult in the household. I'm exhausted and actually entertaining the thought of running away from home.


No comments:

Post a Comment